-->

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Sketch in Progress of Berthe Morisot

I mentioned a few days ago that I was having some trouble in the studio and planned to simply draw a portrait of Berthe Morisot from a photo. It's been slow going; first, because it's quite large, and second, because I had to build myself a support wall for my studio space, and I don't have a car. Which meant walking down to Bauhaus (which is like Lowe's, except they don't finance the Republican Party) and carrying back my supplies in 2 trips. I'm proud to say I built a strong support out of foam, which I can easily disassemble when/if I move studios. I'm making only one change, and that is to replace the very squeaky top foam layers (the blue stuff) with a cheap roll of cork (which is sold to go under wooden floorboards to stop them from squeaking).
The back of the support wall in my studio space (look at the cool arched ceilings!)

The support wall with the very beginning of the Berthe Morisot sketch stuck to it with bulldog clips and enormous staples that function like tacks. The system works!

Anyway, here is a detail of the portrait in progress.
Portrait in progress of Impressionist artist Berthe Morisot, drawn from an old photograph. By Ciana Pullen / St. Rhinocéros

No comments: